Thursday, May 10, 2012

Podcast Test and so much more

First of all, this took way longer than it looks like.  My plan was just to record a test podcast with GarageBand.  Many hours later, I realized there was no way of uploading the end product to this blog, but with YouTube.  So I went back into iMovie.  Well, you literally can't make a movie there without some visual components.  That was a whole new rabbit hole.  I could not resist all the bells and whistles, like the neat transitions and the "Ken Burns effect".   And once committed to that, well, then I really had to time the pictures to what I was saying in the podcast.  There must be a easier way to do this than... ugh... well, let's just say I don't know that easier way yet.
Here's what I learned:
- how to use GarageBand somewhat.
- how to use iMovie better.
- the speech disorder I forgot to mention, but defiantly suffer from, is mumbling.
- I need to buy a microphone.
- scripts are absolutely necessary.
- everything that I learned today will surely be erased by the beer I drank while doing it.

Please give me notes on places I can improve (I know the voice volume is a little low):

No comments:

Post a Comment